JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday Night Meeting???

3 posters

Go down

Thursday Night Meeting??? Empty Thursday Night Meeting???

Post  Nederlander Fri May 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Well,
after struggling for 20 mins to find somewhere within a mile radius of the pub to park, I stuck my head in last night only to find a coupla old guys and two equally bored dogs with halfs of bitter and copies of the Racing Post watching football on a big telly loud enough to drown out Concorde......Hardly conducive to a 'meeting'......

Was anyone actually there Question

Nederlander

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night Meeting??? Empty Guidance required...

Post  i-dig Fri May 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Not sure since I don't have transport, and have not attended for many years now. Talking to rob, the site administrator today, I was asking on this very point...

Normally about five or six turn up, these are the hard-core group; meetings used to be up the stairs from the entrance next level up; so maybe you missed them, by not knowing where they were ! scratch

I suppose a course in rod divining for full-head bear might have helped; Smile or maybe extra directions/info on this web-site, for new prospective members... sorry you missed them, a mind of useful information to be had.
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night Meeting??? Empty Re: Thursday Night Meeting???

Post  Nederlander Fri May 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Aye mate, I was really hoping to talk to a few of the 'auld hands' and tap them for some info and pointers as a mere neophyte Very Happy

I was sure I had the wrong place as it was like the kind of pub I would avoid back home Laughing

Ah well maybe next month......

If your wanting to go down for a natter and a pint and have no wheels I'm more than happy to pick you up if that help mate.
Drop me a PM.

Nederlander

Back to top Go down

Post  i-dig Fri May 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks Nederlander, regarding the wheels; but expect it will be some time before I have any thing of interest,
to share with other members. Question My intention this summer or when better weather conditions prevail,
is to cover some of the old beach areas previously worked... some that might have greater possibility and
others, historically having had less activity.

However, I need to become ear-tuned to the CS4PI sound; normally PI detectors just find any metals but
there is a subtle time delay between good targets and iron... the problem with this is that can pull-tabs produce
very short time delays, and are similar to coins/non-ferrous/silver/gold; so time and experience with this
detector will be required. study
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Nederlander Tue May 08, 2012 4:49 pm

i-dig wrote: meetings used to be up the stairs from the entrance next level up; so maybe you missed them, by not knowing where they were ! -maybe extra directions/info on this web-site, for new prospective members... sorry you missed them, a mind of useful information to be had.

The lack of replies on this post speaks volumes in my opinion.....

As no-one appears to be that interested in answering my question or even maybe offering to meet me at the pub or such like I think I'll say thanks i-dig, nice talking to you and good luck with your new detector.

Last edited by Nederlander on Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Nederlander

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Wed May 09, 2012 6:08 am

I don't attend much as I have to sort my sons dinner as the wife is at work till 9.30, then there's a lack of parking and I start work at 05.30
so need some sleep, If you'd asked the bar man he would have given you directions, I really would like to attend more-just don't have the time.

davey

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night Meeting??? Empty Feed-Back...

Post  i-dig Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Well, the problem is mainly just down to a very small group of interested individuals... Very Happy my interest to this web-site is recent but, did have access to it from day one, if I wanted too; however it was about this time, I decided to drop-out from detecting with no need to post, but used to look-in from time to time, out of general interest.

From my recollection, this site has not been over used by the membership or non-members; those who do, are the current ones... the trend over the last 28 years is for individual/independent detecting, by members and ex-members.

The society in the 1970's did go in for group detecting activities, mainly to provide strength by numbers, to keep the hobby free from control however, a considerable amount of work was done to keep the hobby open and free over these years, mainly by three individuals; now with Bob, who keeps the small group ticking over.
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down