JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Think It May Be An Arrow Head .......

2 posters

Go down

I Think It May Be An Arrow Head ....... Empty I Think It May Be An Arrow Head .......

Post  Jonathan Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:36 am

Hey Guys,

I was detecting around the bunker at Quasins, when i had loads of signals and readings but eventually got to big slabs of rock that i couldnt lift or break.

So i started walking around the bunker and found loads of Flint, when i mean loads i mean around 25 pieces, and 10 shards of pottery, some china, some just ordinary pottery and a small part o fthe jug where the handle has broke off !!!!!

So any way, i came accross this funny triangular piece of flint that may be an arrow head, but my dad said if it was an arrow head all the white stuff would be chipped away and it would be very pointy.

But as the sea has been coming up and down the beach i thought that it may of worn down the point over the years !!

BUT I MAY BE WRONG ANY SUGGESTIONS

Jonathan ......
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

I Think It May Be An Arrow Head ....... Empty Re: I Think It May Be An Arrow Head .......

Post  ken Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:00 pm

It might be an arrow head some were only crudly made, an aproachable guy in the know is the gardien at the La Houge Bie museum, not sure of his name but he has a thing for flint and loves to see new finds, he might show you his collection of musket flints as well if he has the time. Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

I Think It May Be An Arrow Head ....... Empty why dont you come to the meeting this week

Post  ken Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:06 pm

come and show the rest of us at the meeting at the Devonshire pub this week, will try to remember to bring the ones I have found along to compare with yours.
Upstairs is a clubroom/meeting room so should be no problem for you to attend. Very Happy
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

I Think It May Be An Arrow Head ....... Empty Meeting ...

Post  Jonathan Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:20 am

Im actually going on Holiday on the 6th of August to Cyprus so i wont be able to make it !!!!

Jonathan .....
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

I Think It May Be An Arrow Head ....... Empty Re: I Think It May Be An Arrow Head .......

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down