JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June meeting

3 posters

Go down

June meeting Empty June meeting

Post  ken Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 am

We had our monthly meeting as planned, 8 detectorists attended, thanks to Chris & Daniel for upping the nunbers.
Reg bought in around 20 of his latest hoard finds mainly coriosolite but including a few suspected from other tribes, great coins well rescued, well done to him and Richard. we also saw a nice silver 1/2 Ecu Louis 15th dated I think around 1730 found by Bob, and a steel lynch pin weighing around a kilo found by Dereck and of course my usual bits and pieces, including a suspected medieval ring. Smile all in all another interesting meeting, great to meet the new guys and interesting for them to see the normal sort of finds along with some extraordinary gear Cool nothing of great import to discuss but good to get together and see that there is still great stuff to be found out there Very Happy
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

June meeting Empty Re: June meeting

Post  davey Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:22 am

Sounds like a good evening, wish I could have attended Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi all , how are things? I hope all is well! Smile
I'm sorry I took a while to reply , I've had no 'net for a while.
I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for letting Daniel and myself attend your meeting last thursday , it was good to meet you all and we both had a good time , it was an eye opener!
We went out again to Westpark after the recent blow , and I managed to find my first ring and some coins.
I found these by 'sniping' the cracks in the seawall with my fingertips after finding targets with the GT , both under sand and water.
I've tried this twice now and have found coins both times , so it seems to work , Wink
The ring looks fairly old , it looks silver in colour beneath what looks like grey oxidation , and it shows signs of copper oxide at the joints.
It has what could be an Onyx on the top , but the ring shows no obvious sign of a hallmark or any other stamp.
I'll bring it along to the next meeting! (image in main gallery) Smile
Anyway guys , thanks again and we'll speak soon!
All the very best for now , and with my kind regards ,
Chris Smile

Last edited by Kuma on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Notify of new image in main gallery.)
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down