JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decorative Find & 1830 Guernsey Double

3 posters

Go down

Decorative Find & 1830 Guernsey Double Empty Decorative Find & 1830 Guernsey Double

Post  Jonathan Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:24 am

yesterday around 6ish i found a very unusual decorative find, i have seen one in the detecting mag which is similar and it says it's some sort of large pin head made out of silver, im not sure if this is silver, it doesn't look like the right colour and im pritty sure it's not medieval or Tudor, Any ideas ???

I also found this small Guernsey 1830 or something like that Double, it's quite worn so you can't really see the date, you can just make out the Guernsey bit and the shield, as well as the first bit of the date: 183 ...

I've posted some picys of the decorative unknown find (Possibly Jewellery)

Regards,

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Decorative Find & 1830 Guernsey Double Empty Re: Decorative Find & 1830 Guernsey Double

Post  ken Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:15 pm

yes you are probably right, it looks like a hat pin knob, or somthing close, you should probably show it to Olga Finch at la houge bie Wink for a proper identification, and for her to record it, as it also looks to be silver.
A really good find well done. No
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Decorative Find & 1830 Guernsey Double Empty Re: Decorative Find & 1830 Guernsey Double

Post  Jonathan Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Okay will do, im trying to find the actual pin, but no luck so far Smile

Yeah it does look like silver.

Im going out detecting now
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Nice bit of Silver Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Is it silver ?

I've found a similar find in the detecting magazine ... I'll post the pic on the site
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down