JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome

5 posters

Go down

Welcome Empty Welcome

Post  davey Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Welcome to the Forum Jerry Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Welcome Empty Thank you For Your Welcome

Post  Jerryh Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Dave,
Thanks for your post, I am hoping to get out with my son and get him digging up some local history as I did with Rej many years ago.
Will keep looking in on the forum and hopefully meet up with you all soon.

Best Regards

Jerry Hart

Jerryh

Back to top Go down

Welcome Empty Re: Welcome

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Jerry,
Nice you managed to get on our forum cheers
and hope your lad will get the detecting bug once he starts finding things!
we have a lot of knowlege between us about identifying, cleaning items and sites and welcome you to share our resources,
all the best Rob
from David Place..

Jerryh wrote:Dave,
Thanks for your post, I am hoping to get out with my son and get him digging up some local history as I did with Rej many years ago.
Will keep looking in on the forum and hopefully meet up with you all soon.

Best Regards

Jerry Hart

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerryh Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks Rob see you soon.

Jerry

Jerryh

Back to top Go down

Welcome Empty Guernsey

Post  Rob Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi, not the appropriate place to ask the question but I'm on a tight schedule and don't have time to search for a better one.
I'm just finishing a job on Alderney and may be starting a new one on Guernsey in Jan. Can anyone tell me the legal position regarding detecting there? Are there any other detectorists? (there are only 3 on Alderney- 4 with me).
Thanks in advance,
Rob.

Rob

Back to top Go down

Welcome Empty Guernsey

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 am

As far as I know there was a local club in GY but dont have a contact no. for them, the local museum would prob know but
if Reg Mead from Jersey ever comes online he may know as he was in touch with them a few years ago.
Best wishes Rob in Jersey. santa

Rob wrote:Hi, not the appropriate place to ask the question but I'm on a tight schedule and don't have time to search for a better one.
I'm just finishing a job on Alderney and may be starting a new one on Guernsey in Jan. Can anyone tell me the legal position regarding detecting there? Are there any other detectorists? (there are only 3 on Alderney- 4 with me).
Thanks in advance,
Rob.

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 pm

welcome to our site Jerry Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Welcome Empty Guernsey

Post  Rob Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi,
About to start work on Guern as I mentioned before Xmas, does anyone know what the legal situation is there? I can only find refences to beach detecting. I've done my fair share of that and prefer land although I know in some places this results in public castration. Any advice anyone?

Rob.

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum