JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find of a lifetime

3 posters

Go down

Find of a lifetime Empty Find of a lifetime

Post  ken Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm

Very Happy found my best find so far in 15 years of detecting, a silver stater of the coriosolite tribe, stylised horse one side and a curly headed gaul the other Laughing Laughing Laughing
also pulled up a portugeese 1754 ten reis coin in good condition and a musket ramrod holder in good nick Laughing Cool flaming good afternoon all in all.
will post some pics later this week. Very Happy
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Find of a lifetime Empty coriosolite coin

Post  ken Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Took it in to Neil Mahrer today as the corrosion was getting worse but will post a fuzzy pic or two in the pictures section in five minutes pale
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Find of a lifetime Empty "Nice Finds"

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 am

ken wrote:Took it in to Neil Mahrer today as the corrosion was getting worse but will post a fuzzy pic or two in the pictures section in five minutes pale

Well done Ken,
reward for all the hours you put in looking
just need to find the pot where it came from Shocked
Rob..
P.S. Piccys in Gallery now sorry for delay,
they have to be approved and I wasen't online last eve to do it Sleep

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Find of a lifetime Empty apoligies for the fuzzy pic

Post  ken Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Apoligies for the bad photo, Shocked Neil Mahrer from the Heritage is going to send me a couple of better ones when he gets the time, Like a Star @ heaven I am going to build a photo rig soon Idea have got the wood but need to put it all together cyclops cyclops
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Find of a lifetime Empty Re: Find of a lifetime

Post  davey Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Well done Ken Very Happy

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks Davey and Rob, Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Better pics being sent through now to the gallery Very Happy , Neil has promised me the coin back Friday in time for the Numismatics section meeting study , and has supplied me with the very good photos hope you can see more detail cheers cheers drunken
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down