JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

" JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND"

+2
Kuma
JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
6 posters

Go down

" JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND" Empty " JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND"

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 am

I just heard the local Radio say that Reg & Richard have.found the BIGGEST Iron Age coin hoard in the Western World, so hopefully it will bring the tourists to Jersey to see them Dated around 25BC
The location is guarded by police we will have to wait for Reg or Richard to tell us more Shocked

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

" JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND" Empty Re: " JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND"

Post  Kuma Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:05 am

....I just heard on facebook ,................. Shocked Well done guys!!! cheers farao
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

" JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND" Empty Hoard

Post  Rob Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 am

...of course now that this hoard's been found it is highly unlikely that anything even close to being as good as this will be found again. Time to lower future expectations and hopes a bit... . I no longer live in the Channel Islands but even so please understand that this post is born of nothing but pure jealosy!

Rob

Back to top Go down

" JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND" Empty Re: " JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND"

Post  davey Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Excellent find for the 2 old boys, lets hope they get treated fare when it comes to valuation Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

" JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND" Empty culd take a while

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:35 pm

yes Davey
I think it will take a long time to get a reward out of this
maybe 2 years as it will take about a year to clean them all and then to resolve the appropriot law will take ages also as the museum wont have the funds to buy them just now,
so States will get involved
Who Knows really Sad

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

" JERSEY'S BIGGEST COIN HOARD FOUND" Empty I've seen it

Post  ken Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:06 pm

The numismatic section had a viewing of the hoard today, magnificant find, Cool hope that the finders and land owner don't get railroaded Suspect . nice items of gold in it as well possibly a gold torque and other jewellery definatly at least two gold items and a silver bracelet or brooch see my photos later in the photos section. also whilst excavating the main hoard a minor hoard of Roman coins was also uncovered, in the excavation area...... amazing. cheers
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkFox Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Dear Ken and Board,

Thank you for the fascinating update! Would you be interested in contributing a couple or so of the photos you took for an article I am writing on the main hoard? I hope to submit the manuscript to World Coin News by July 9 (my deadline). I will make certain to credit you for any images used.

And on a slightly different note, has anyone here read the news story on the hoard in the June 30 edition of the Jersey Evening Post? If so, does anyone possibly know which page(s) it is on? I am trying to get a PDF copy of it from JEP and need to know this information to make it happen. Of course, if anyone here is willing to share a digital copy with me, that would be just a good!

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

MarkFox

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkFox Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:31 am

Dear Ken,

Ugh! I couldn't send a PM to you. I still need to wait a few more days before I am allowed to do that here. However, if you Google "Italian1975100LireDD", that should take you to a page with my e-mail address on it.

Sorry about that.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

MarkFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down