JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a PI detector

2 posters

Go down

Building a PI detector Empty Building a PI detector

Post  i-dig Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:27 pm

I have decided to return back to detecting, but having now looked around for a detector of medium price and initially, a vlf unit and light weight. I owned a Minelab Explorer, a nice detector as such but, age is an issue now elephant and don't want to lug around a heavy detector and spade, or dig deep.

Anyway, I am not too happy at prices quoted, having found shipping costs over-the-top, plus GST; so will build my own again, it will be a PI, to potter around the beach... this way the cost will be very low in parts, and I can decide on the shaft design and keep it light; the build will reduce down to travel on the bus service, or on foot.

Have already designed the pro-type, and just tweaking values to decide on how many controls are necessary, and reduce the parts-count... at the end of the day, only need a basic detector; with PI it's all metal anyway, but one can keep the timing window to a short period, giving advantage to non-ferrous finds.
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Building a PI detector Empty Up-Date...

Post  i-dig Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

Well... found by chance doing hours of general net search, with no thought of getting lucky, a C-Scope CS4PI ex-demo, not an eye catching detector to look at, it's basic Pulse Induction two controls but, within my budget.

The detector was £165.83 plus £20 postage; so this will do the job for my needs. pirat
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Building a PI detector Empty Problem with order from Joan Allen...

Post  i-dig Tue May 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Ugh Mad I don't believe it... received an e-mail from Joan Allen; this detector is no longer stocked, and not been for two months; they don't understand how I placed the order; well Joan Allen it's still live via your web-site at URL: http://www.joanallen.co.uk/used-cscope-cs4pi-p/20010.htm

Anyway, there asking what I would like to do next ?... return my funds please !

Looks like I need to return to my first idea, and build a PI.
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Building a PI detector Empty Re: Building a PI detector

Post  davey Tue May 01, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't use JA's any more they are next to useless, Regtons have C-Scopes plus they take vat off and deliver for free or try ebay, also try Detecnicks.

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  i-dig Tue May 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Thank you Davey, for the E-Bay and information... I am tempted Suspect but, expect someone will robot out-bid me, but will watch the item.

The problem is I am too mean to go beyond £200, and give the benefit of extra funds to the States Customs GST.
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Building a PI detector Empty The Quest Continues...

Post  i-dig Thu May 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Spent more time to source a C-Scope CS4PI at a low cost, not only from the actual product value, but also the postal cost. Current CS4PI at C-Scope shop is, £295 with VAT, and UK only purchase on-line; thus, less VAT is £236 as a bench mark; Neutral yet other companies seem to apply quite wild margins below this price. scratch

Anyway, I narrowed down two companies who will supply to Jersey e.g. Regton & Subtech... Regton most people know about, and are reasonable and easy to deal with but, it ends there; overall I found their cost per product is above other suppliers, £215.83 VAT removed; and postage can ramp-up beyond their lower £27 pound export start level too... a purchase from Regton, would take me into Jersey GST tax. Crying or Very sad

However, Subtech is a C-Scope distributor of their product range, includes road CAT detectors too; the point is, how can an agent sell well below C-Scope's recommended price with VAT removed at £184.71 Shocked and still make a profit, even when £30 pound postage is applied. Presently I am waiting to receive an e-mail from Subtech, to confirm availability and price.
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Building a PI detector Empty The Quest Ends...

Post  i-dig Fri May 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Seems I have finally purchased a CS4PI from Subtech at the agreed site price, and the delivery cost, Smile well pleased.

If anyone intends to buy a C-Scope detector, my recommendation is, buy from Subtech; note, for the channel islands you need to place the order by phone with your card, due their web-site not listing Jersey or C.I.

This is their URL: http://www.subtech.co.uk/
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Building a PI detector Empty Re, E-Bay CS4PI Detector...

Post  i-dig Sun May 06, 2012 10:26 am

Just to let site users know, the link from Davey regarding E-Bay CS4PI detector sale; although you might have seen
the sale outcome from the link, however, the CS4PI went for £175 with three bids; I e-mailed the seller asking delivery cost to Jersey, he wanted £41; so total to Jersey would have been £216 for a second hand detector.

With my purchase from Subtech, if all is well, comes out at £214.71 with delivery... saving some money and GST,
with a new detector.
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Sun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm

yeah some sellers on ebay charge stupid postage costs, their loss Smile ,

good luck with your new detector

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content