JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange day

2 posters

Go down

Strange day Empty Strange day

Post  davey Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:39 pm

2 coins found today, a Sol en billon a french coin intended for use in Canada and Louisiana date 1739 and a Swedish Skilling dated 1821 and a what looks like a fragment of a hammered also a tudor pin head. Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Strange day Empty Re: Strange day

Post  ken Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Good hunting, your sol en billon silvered on a copper core these seemed to be in use over here, in some reports they are called forgeries Embarassed (in the Anglo Norman coin book) but i think they were in commen use due to our coin shortage. I have found one in good condition as the silver wash preserved it. please bring it to the meeting and we can have a look, see if its the same or if its something diff Very Happy
Myself I have 'recovered' a 1622 double tournois and 2 victorian (farthings) one English the other a jersey 1/52nd the english one in great condition also two old pennies, a victorian 1867 and a jersey liberation issue. not bad for an hours work checking through trench spoil . Smile
sunny sunny sunny
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:22 pm

A good bit of info there Ken Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content