JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naughty Minelab

2 posters

Go down

Naughty Minelab Empty Naughty Minelab

Post  davey Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:16 am

Got my Sov GT back from Minelab repairs in England yesterday Very Happy put it all back together and did some air testing, it couldn't pick up an old Penny at 1" a Silver Shilling was being picked up at just under a inch Evil or Very Mad so it went away for one problem and came back with another problem so I phoned Finbar at Minelab in Eire to complain he's ever so sorry and know I have to post it off again and probably wait another 3 weeks Evil or Very Mad

davey

Back to top Go down

Naughty Minelab Empty Sorry to hear that Davey

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:32 am

One problem that ive' seen happen with all modern detectors, is caused by a mobile phone being to near the control box,
its causes the circuits to go into melt down What a Face because the phone transmission (even when not being used, every now and then keeps sending signals to the exchange to say where your located) this confuses the logic in the detector and it generally shorts out taking to much current frazzeling the PCB components. so keep your phone or anyone nearby using one as far away as poss from the unit.
hope you get it back soon bounce
Rob...

davey wrote:Got my Sov GT back from Minelab repairs in England yesterday Very Happy put it all back together and did some air testing, it couldn't pick up an old Penny at 1" a Silver Shilling was being picked up at just under a inch Evil or Very Mad so it went away for one problem and came back with another problem so I phoned Finbar at Minelab in Eire to complain he's ever so sorry and know I have to post it off again and probably wait another 3 weeks Evil or Very Mad

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Naughty Minelab Empty Re: Naughty Minelab

Post  davey Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Will do Rob Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Naughty Minelab Empty Re: Naughty Minelab

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down