JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post  Tony C Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi

Came across your interesting site while 'surfing', have recently got back into metal detecting after many years, used to have a ( very) basic old C Scope detector back in the early 80's, needless to say was quite amazed at the range of metal detectors available today (and prices) but settled on a moderately priced Laser hawkeye as my new choice, just have to get out and about and learn how to use it now!

best regards

Tony C

Tony C

Back to top Go down

New member Empty welcome

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 am

your most welcome Tony,
we have an informal meeting every month to show finds etc
at the Devonshire, where you can chat and learn about sites of interest
Regards Rob.

Tony C wrote:Hi

Came across your interesting site while 'surfing', have recently got back into metal detecting after many years, used to have a ( very) basic old C Scope detector back in the early 80's, needless to say was quite amazed at the range of metal detectors available today (and prices) but settled on a moderately priced Laser hawkeye as my new choice, just have to get out and about and learn how to use it now!

best regards

Tony C

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  Tony C Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi Rob

Thanks for the info, note your next meeting is coming up shortly so I hope to pop in and learn a bit more.

As for finds I don't really have much at the moment, did dig up an old half crown along with a 2 shilling piece but other than that not much else, still it's just the pleasure of strolling along and digging in anticipation when the detector starts to sound a signal.

Best regards

Tony

Tony C

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 pm

welcome Tony Very Happy
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content