JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend detecting

3 posters

Go down

Weekend detecting Empty Weekend detecting

Post  davey Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:19 pm

All of those going out this weekend have fun in the rain and gales Laughing

davey

Back to top Go down

Weekend detecting Empty Re: Weekend detecting

Post  ken Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:59 pm

will wear my mack, Cool
might have to use the old mark 11
the screen is allready fogged up so a little more damp cannot hurt it. Rolling Eyes
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Weekend detecting Empty not a lot but one silver shilling.

Post  ken Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Well I went out braving the storm affraid , and the driving rain, got soaked just the arse and legs of me the front stayed dry,(probably sheltered by my belly) the detector suffered and played silly tunes with false soundings scratch but we persevered and triumphed in the end clown .
I found my first silver shilling of william the fourth 1834, Cool but badley scratched by the plough or some other implement, also what could be a saxon or roman broach/fibula, it looks the same as Dereks except no face on it What a Face . of course it will probably turn out to be some carpet stay or curtain clip but I can dream can't I. Laughing
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Weekend detecting Empty Nice Find

Post  Jonathan Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Nice finds Smile

I hope to find some good finds via the beach with my new C-Scope CS4pi. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm thinking of getting an X-Terra but which one ??
Is the 705 better than the 305 and 505 ???

This luky bugger found 10,000 Roman Coins On His First Outting, there's an article in the latest Treasure Hunting Magazine, Some bloody good finds though Very Happy

reagrds,
Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Go for the X-Terra 705 if you can as that model as beach mode, I have the 70 very good machine Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Weekend detecting Empty X-Terra's

Post  Jonathan Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:51 pm

Cheers Davey,

yeah i will probz go with that,
time to start saving, i have 100 pounds so far Smile Smile Very Happy:D:D:D

Have you came across any nice finds ????

reagrds,

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Went out again sunday, but nothing except junk, did find a gun flint eyes only though, but not a lot for four hours detecting. Smile
messed up the settings on the SE, tried to get the same tone etc as my explorer 11 but no luck, this one will take a bit of getting used to methinks pale
yes I think that the x terra 705 is a great detector as well, have tried out the 300 and it was light and responsive, just a little shallow for the land, would have been good on the beach coin hunting though. cyclops
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Weekend detecting Empty CS4Pi :)

Post  Jonathan Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm ordering my THE CS4 tonight, i'm thinking of getting the x-terra 705 with my own money as the CS4 is my christmas present. Once i get my detector im going around Elizabeth Catsle, hoping to find something Smile Smile SmileSmile

Cheers for the advice, Ken, and Davey Smile

reagrds,

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down