JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limpet In A Field .....

2 posters

Go down

Limpet In A Field ..... Empty Limpet In A Field .....

Post  Jonathan Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:51 am

I found a limpet shell in a field around St.Ouens. I think it is a key clue to Civillization as they didnt have much money so they used to go to the beach and find what ever they can and bring it back to land to eat so that is why i think i found a limpet shell.

If You have Any Suggestions Fell Free To Reply

Jonathan .....
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Limpet In A Field ..... Empty Limpet shell

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Nice Thought Jonathan if there were lots of them like found under the La Hougue Bie mound,

but in reality it could also have been trapped in the Wrack that was put on the spud fields as fertiliser,
because you also find sea worn stones have found their way into fields.
Rob.. Very Happy

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Limpet In A Field ..... Empty Limpet Shell

Post  Jonathan Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:50 pm

Good point Rob,

I found my George V One Twelth Of A Shilling (Penny) in the same field as the limpet shell.

Today i went around the woods in Grev de Lecq around the streams and metal detected and i found some blanks, and 1 isn't set off yet, and also theres a German Nisiian Hut,and i found this old tube Of Erasmic Shavallo Lather Shaving Cream, i looked it up on the website and its aroun 1973, and it doesnt have the postal code on the tube it only says "Erasmic Co Ltd - London, England"

Jonathan ....
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Limpet In A Field ..... Empty Re: Limpet In A Field .....

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down