JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another bronze pot leg

3 posters

Go down

Yet another bronze pot leg Empty Yet another bronze pot leg

Post  ken Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:10 pm

I found another bronze pot leg sunday, new field its the oldest item so far but in a good location so we will see, one george 6th sixpence and a load of jersey pennies, also a nice liard and horse brass a promising field only 1/4 done one direction so far Razz I seem to find a pot leg a month so there must be thousands of them out there, wheres the rest of the pot? Basketball Basketball Basketball
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Yet another bronze pot leg Empty Re: Yet another bronze pot leg

Post  davey Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:50 am

It must have rolled in to the next field Laughing

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 am

That jammy so and so Rolling Eyes is in the news at the moment, nice interview on radio Jersey, very diplomatic and pushing the treasure trove law question, well done him, still searching through my st ouen field but nothing of note so far. Smile
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Yet another bronze pot leg Empty Merry-Go-Round...

Post  i-dig Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 am

With Reg and Richard's recent iron age find, and consequent excessive publicity across the media, could do more harm for the island for it's detecting members... you might ask how ! Well; the old chestnut about the UK treasure-trove act, in fact personally, I am for a formal in-law procedure in Jersey, or even a channel islands wide trove act; and as some members of this forum may recall, many years ago I formed a steering group with Heritage and other parties to discuss this very topic... three years passed and it all came to nothing, the status-quo held firm, with a leaflet being the final accolade to a wast of time spent. Reg Mead before myself went through the same un-bending process with the establishment, so here we are again beating the drum of optimism !... okay, what's the next move then; having been out of the loop for many years now, but with one eye and ear open, the establishment have been wanting to re-enforce there hold on coastal area's and prospective archaeological sites of interest to limit our activity; this will be a night hawk manoeuvre before we can do anything, to block any statute law, so members should keep there head and one eye above the parapet for what's coming... otherwise, I suspect outside detectorists will find Jersey an interesting place to visit now. Evil or Very Mad
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:03 am

Sleep

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 am

only time will tell Brian Basketball Basketball Basketball
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:30 pm

A nice pic of my latest hoard in the gallery Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Eat your heart out Reg Basketball Basketball
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:06 pm

That must have blasted your ears Ken, I like the photo-well done Smile

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:45 pm

A nice positive sound but not really screaming dig dig lol! dig me up, not sure I've got the set up right on the SE, its harder to set up than the EX11 scratch scratch Shocked my EX11 also hates the SE battery it goes haywire after around 15 minutes and shuts down. study
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Yet another bronze pot leg Empty General interest in objects...

Post  i-dig Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Is it likely their was a camp site or military outpost in this field Ken !... are these the only ones you have come across, or has their been others, odd one's or a cluster ? scratch
i-dig
i-dig

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Another dozen or so scattered German rounds all 1939 manufacture, one lonely British round scratch and one triple groove lead mini bullet, only 4 coins all 20th and 21st century pirat Ian dug up a thimble but not a lot for a promising site. pale

Last edited by ken on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong word)
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:47 pm

another pot leg......no pot again Very Happy
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content