JERSEY DETECTING SOCIETY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

false signal

3 posters

Go down

false signal Empty false signal

Post  ken Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 pm

At work this week the plasterers plastered over the electric sockets Evil or Very Mad , there was no sign of one of them at all, so I rushed home and got my trusty Garrett pro pointer, was I amazed it got a great signal 12" out I was impressed, but the signal was blooming large, never ending in fact, the bloody thing had detected the wall insulation which is foil lined, but still 4" deep behind wall plaster and a concrete block, so the cold chisel had to come out, we found it in the end after three holes which needed filling, you cannot trust the signal ever! Shocked

Thats my only detecting so far this month. Cool
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

false signal Empty different detector needed

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:11 am

Ken,
you needed a mains hum detector like a C.A.T. tool
if the circuit was live you could trace the buzz with it
or if the building mains was switched off a GENNY connected to give a signal to trace
Rob..

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

false signal Empty Re: false signal

Post  ken Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:35 pm

maybe, but the power was not connected yet so no choice, but to use the chisel. Mad
Have you been out yourself lately, maybe we should go together to that farmer we both know and search the pasture my cousin farms his herd on? Laughing
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:54 pm

I did a similar thing when I took a light switch off the wall before papering Embarassed
took me ages to find it Laughing

davey

Back to top Go down

false signal Empty a Farmer we know

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:56 am

ken wrote:maybe, but the power was not connected yet so no choice, but to use the chisel. Mad
Have you been out yourself lately, maybe we should go together to that farmer we both know and search the pasture my cousin farms his herd on? Laughing

Good idea Ken,
he lost a part of his JCB somewhere but was more interested in letting me & G.friend get loads of Apples last time I went there, I will have a word with him soon as they are offering chestnuts just now and I want to try and scrump some Quinces off a neighbors tree nearby,
wiil let you know if we can have a detect, the electric fences were switched on last time i was there
they tend to give detectors false sigs aswell.
Rob..

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Yes his wife said no problem, but as he was away I thought better wait till he was back and agreed. Smile
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Any chance of moving the meeting to next week as I'm at the Arts Centre tomorrow for my son's performance Crying or Very sad
Not looking forward to sitting down for an hour........

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  JDSS-SiteAdmin-1 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:49 pm

davey wrote:Any chance of moving the meeting to next week as I'm at the Arts Centre tomorrow for my son's performance Crying or Very sad
Not looking forward to sitting down for an hour........

know the feeling at the Arts centre you have to have an end of row seat as the leg space to small to be cramped up for a couple of hours as I have been thro watching the pantos :-(
dont think anyone will be there next week?
I have transport probs so wasent at many meets this year or been detecting due to work probs trying to survive the recession and all that, to far to walk from town for me.

JDSS-SiteAdmin-1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ken Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:40 am

We were six of us at the meeting Very Happy Reg, Bob, Carl, Deryck, Dave and yours truly. Laughing
looked at a few Roman finds of Dave's and a few beach finds of Bobs and a few more modern military ones of Carl's found eyes only, a great vswagger stick cap and some nice buttons etc, I returned some interesting finds to Bob which Olga had been recording/recearching .
A pity we missed you both, no minutes I think just a informal meeting. Shocked
now I am getting the itch Rob need to get out this weekend if poss sunday because I will be working sat all day as normal Rolling Eyes
ken
ken

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Same here, my life is so busy running the kid to all his clubs, my work etc
so hoping to get out tomorrow if it's not raining Sad

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content